Searching for a rewarding career that makes a difference in the lives of others?
Glendale Area Schools Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative financial institution that has served our schools in Glendale and La Canada since 1937. The Credit Union provides a range of financial products and services, similar to those found at the big banks
Glendale Area Schools Credit Union is a consumer-oriented financial institution seeking energetic, educated and experienced individuals to be part of our competent and committed team. We are a member and service focused organization. We welcome employees who have a genuine interest in making things easier for our members. Not only will you join a fun, yet professional work environment at GASCU, we also offer one of the most competitive benefits packages in our industry. We are a growing organization with future management opportunities for excellent performers who demonstrate leadership qualities. We provide high quality service to our members.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to: Glendale Area Schools Credit Union, Attn: Human Resources, 1800 Broadview Dr. Glendale CA 91208 or email to HR@gascu.org. No phone calls please.
Glendale Area Schools Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer.
GASCU offers competitive compensation and benefits package including*:
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental (PPO/DMO), Vision
- Paid Time Off
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with a generous employer Match
- And more
*Benefits subject to change without notice
Job Title: IT & Symitar Specialist
Effective Date: 02/20/2018
Department: Information Technology
Full time, Pay Rate: $20.00 to $30.00 per hour
Reports To: I.T. Manager
To perform routine system operations, troubleshoot and rectify system problems, provide internal staff assistance researching data and custom report generation on Symitar.
To provide technical expertise and support to fellow employees for their desktop systems, workplace software and hardware requirements, and network assistance when needed.
Major Duties and Expectations:
– Symitar Administration and Support – Acquainted with backend administration, poweron/repgen, troubleshooting, and daily jobs
– Patch Management – Workstations, Servers, VMs, etc…. Familiar with Patch Management processes and/or Patch Management software
– Antivirus Management – Monitor systems for irregularities. Research and resolve.
– Laserfiche – Familiar with Laserfiche products (Forms and Workflow) or be able to learn a new software in a prompt time period.
– Helpdesk Support and Logging – Ticketing, daily troubleshooting, and logging irregularities from monitoring systems.
- To provide prompt, knowledgeable, and courteous support to staff regarding system problems or information requests.
- Perform daily operations routines on schedule and as error free as possible.
- Be able to function independently and unsupervised.
- Be responsive to the needs of the staff on special reports and research issues.
- Continually evaluate, revise, or create new processes that will benefit I.T., and or the credit union.
- Constantly keep superiors informed of any irregular behavior of any system.
- On occasion, be able to work earlier, later, and/or longer.
- Ability to communicate clearly and to be understood in English verbally, by telephone and in person.
- Ability to clearly write in standard English all types of material such as correspondence, memos, and reports.
- Ability to exercise good judgment by using proper prioritization and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read standard English and to interpret data reviewed either on a monitor or on hard copy reports.
- Must be able to lift devices weighting up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit at workstation in increments of two or three hours throughout the workday and move freely within the service center.
- Ability to operate computer terminals, printers, and calculators for extended periods of time.
- Ability to get to and from various work areas during work hours.
- Ability to independently research new technology implementations and document new processes.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience: Minimum of six months to two years of financial institution experience and/or data processing production experience.
- Education: Equivalent to a two year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
- Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, honesty, and tenacity are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and outside the CU, generally regarding matters that vary from routine research to troubleshooting. Being effective in the ability to express one’s self and understand what is being returned is essential.
- Other Skills: Fundamental knowledge of how to use: PC hardware and software, printers, tape drive units, etc.
- Good project management and organizational, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of computer networking or operation concepts, means, and practices such as TCP/IP, Active Directory, DNS, etc.
Performs all duties and assignments in compliance with credit union policies and appropriate regulatory statutes, including BSA regulations and those that correspond with specific job duties.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.