Searching for a rewarding career that makes a difference in the lives of others?
Glendale Area Schools Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative financial institution that has served our schools in Glendale and La Canada since 1937. The Credit Union provides a range of financial products and services, similar to those found at the big banks
Glendale Area Schools Credit Union is a consumer-oriented financial institution seeking energetic, educated and experienced individuals to be part of our competent and committed team. We are a member and service focused organization. We welcome employees who have a genuine interest in making things easier for our members. Not only will you join a fun, yet professional work environment at GASCU, we also offer one of the most competitive benefits packages in our industry. We are a growing organization with future management opportunities for excellent performers who demonstrate leadership qualities. We provide high quality service to our members.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to: Glendale Area Schools Credit Union, Attn: Human Resources, 1800 Broadview Dr. Glendale CA 91208 or email to HR@gascu.org. No phone calls please.
Glendale Area Schools Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer.
GASCU offers competitive compensation and benefits package including*:
- Health Benefits – Medical, Dental (PPO/DMO), Vision
- Paid Time Off
- 11 paid holidays
- 401(k) Plan with a generous employer Match
- And more
*Benefits subject to change without notice
The Member Service Representative IRA Specialist is responsible for providing a high level service to members through knowledge of our products and services. Assist members with Retirement accounts and Loans.
The Member Service Representative IRA Specialist satisfies our member’s needs and effectively resolves concerns for members in branch and by telephone.
DUITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Opens Personal, Business, Trust and IRA Accounts.
- Build positive relationship with members with ability to assess member needs.
- Ensure cooperation / teamwork and assist other staff members as needed.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all IRS rules and regulations related to IRA accounts; contributions, distributions and rollovers.
- Exercises strong oral and written communication skills to explain Credit Union policies and resolve basic member financial needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*Excellent customer service skills.
*Proficient to use a personal computer and Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
*Knowledge of regulations related to financial institutions.
*knowledge of IRA and Retirement products.
*knowledge in consumer loan products.
*A minimum of five years experience at a financial institution with comparable position.
*High School graduate.
*Symitar (Episys) experience desirable.