The road to financial freedom can be short and sweet for those who follow a road map or a long and daunting path for those who fail to make a plan. Let Trevor Kleineahlbrandt or Michael Hefner our Financial Advisors, help you take the first steps toward building a confident financial future, by creating a road map to your financial freedom, and designing a P.L.A.N.
How to Create a Financial P.L.A.N.
Pay yourself first
- Promise yourself to take advantage of your employer’s retirement plan, whether it’s a 401(k), a 403(b), or any other kind of contributory plan.
- Consider †Dollar Cost Averaging, instead of investing assets in a lump sum, this may help to spreads the cost basis out over several years, possibly providing insulation against changes in market price.
Live within your means
- Promise to pay off your credit cards. Credit card debt is the number one reason most people can’t get ahead, paying the minimum balance due on a $10,000 balance with an 11% interest rate could take 20 years to pay off.
- It’s often more rewarding to save for something vs. putting it on the card and getting stuck with payments each month. If you can’t afford it, think twice about buying it.
- Financial fitness is a commitment, a lifestyle, similar to going to the gym and eating right.
Assure your families stability
- Write or update your will. Wills are not just for the rich. Regardless of how much or how little money you have, a will ensures that whatever personal belongings and assets you have will go to beneficiaries you designate.
- If you have children, a will allows you to appoint a guardian for them in the event of your death.
- Life events such as buying a home or having a child could change the amount of coverage a family needs, work with financial professional to assess the amount of coverage you and your family may need.
Never stop learning
- Write down your financial goals, this is your road map to financial freedom. The road can be short and sweet for those who plan and who follow a road map or it can be a long and daunting path for those who fail to make a plan.
- Working with a financial advisor can keep your up to date with new investment opportunities available to you and your family.
- Regular reviews can help keep your investment choices on pace with you and your needs based on risk tolerance and time horizon.
To learn more about creating a financial P.L.A.N., contact Trevor or Michael today to schedule a free, no-obligation appointment:
- Call 818.658.2360 to speak with a Financial Advisor
- Visit your local branch
Registered representatives of Western International Securities, Inc, member FINRA/SIPC. Western International Securities and its affiliated insurance agencies offer securities, advisory services, and certain insurance products and are not affiliated with other entities named. Products and services offered through Western International Securities *Are not insured *are not guaranteed by any Credit Union * may lose value.
This website may contain concepts that have legal, accounting and tax implications. It is not intended to provide legal, accounting, or tax advice. You may wish to consult an attorney, tax advisor, or accountant regarding your specific situation. No representations are made as to the accuracy of the information contained herein or any information contained in any link provided herein.
Important Consumer Information:
This site is for informational purposes only and is not intended to be a solicitation or offering of any security and;
1. Representatives of a broker-dealer (“BD”) or investment advisor (“IA”) may only conduct business in a state if the representatives and the BD or IA they represent (a) satisfy the qualification requirements of, and are approved to do business by, the state; or (b) are excluded or exempted from the state’s licensure requirements.
2. Representatives of a BD or IA are deemed to conduct business in a state to the extent that they provide individualized responses to investor inquiries that involve (a) affecting, or attempting to affect, transactions in securities; or (b) rendering personalized investment advice for compensation.